- Created on Saturday, 21 June 2008 21:09
- Written by Graeme
- Hits: 18577
Gippsland MTB Inc is an active mountain bike association established to support and encourage the sport of mountain biking in Gippsland.
Our purposes include:-
- To promote, develop and conduct mountain bike competitions, events, organised social rides and functions.
- To encourage safe and responsible riding practices that minimise impacts on the environment
- To provide a forum for mountain bikers to meet and interact in a friendly and personal manner
- To promote and undertake the development of high quality sustainable mountain bike trails and facilities across Gippsland
- To provide advocacy for trail access in Gippsland
We aim to support all forms of mountain biking from social trail riding through to cross country, endurance, 4X and downhill racing.
Gippsland MTB Inc is an affiliated club of Mountain Biking Australia (MTBA) and International Mountain Biking Association Australia (IMBA AU). A riding membership with Gippsland MTB includes membership with MTBA and/or IMBA and its associated insurance and other benefits.
We are actively working towards obtaining access to and constructing trails to provide riding and racing opportunities for all. This will be a long and ongoing process and we will need your support. The more members we represent the stronger our position when dealing with Councils, Government and Land Managers.
Gippsland MTB Inc
PO Box 792
Traralgon Vic 3844